Myanmar Script Fund is a program for emerging Myanmar filmmakers developing their 1st or 2nd full-length feature films, fiction only. The MSF 5th edition will take place in Yangon early December 2020. The exact dates will be confirmed as soon as the global health situation permits.
- Applications are open to Myanmar candidates only.
- Applications are open to candidates developing their 1st or 2nd long feature film, fiction only.
- Applications are not exclusive. Candidates who have applied to other script funds can also apply to the Myanmar Script Fund, and reverse.
- Applications to Myanmar Script Fund are free of charge.
- Every project must have a Director/Scriptwriter and a Producer to be eligible for selection. The Pitching Competition is not open to a Scriptwriter alone.
- Alongside the Coaching Sessions, a Pitching Competition will be organized.
- Applications will be closed in October. The finalists list will be announced 15 days later. The projects awarded will be announced in Yangon, during the Memory! Festival.
- The Director must have directed at least one film, (regardless of duration & genre, fiction or documentary), which can be shared with the Commission.
- Participants agree that all exchanges and activities will be conducted in English.
- Participants must commit to follow the time schedule and the regulations of Myanmar Script Fund.